The four snowmobile manufacturers are supporting and encouraging participation in the upcoming International Snowmobile Safety Week January 13-19, 2013.
In 1995 the snowmobile community joined together and developed the Safe Riders! The Safe Riders! campaign focuses on key areas of concern that are the major causes of snowmobile accidents. Those key issues are depicted in our snowmobiling safety posters (also available free of charge from the ISMA Office) and include:
1. Snowmobiling and alcohol don’t mix, don’t drink and ride
2. Know before you go, always check local ice conditions
3. When night riding, slow down, always expect the unexpected
4. Ride safe, stay on the trail, always respect private property
5. Cross roads with care, don’t become road kill
6. Ride smart, ride right, always stay in control.
7. One is the loneliest number, never ride alone
8. Know the risks and be prepared, make every trip a round trip (be avalanche smart).
If you manage a club or local snowmobile association and are interested in participating in the International Snowmobile Safety Week, information is available at www.snowmobile.org .